We Find an Ideal Solution for You
Are you building a new house in Mississauga, or planning a siding repair or replacement for your existing home? Whatever your siding needs, Ideal Siding is here to help. As the largest siding company in Canada, and with a reputation for quality, reliability, and affordability, Ideal Siding is the go-to source for all your siding needs in Mississauga.
We work with leading siding manufacturers to offer a wide range of siding materials and partner with the most professional and experienced crews in the country. With its cold winters, hot and humid summers, and 177 days of rain each year, Mississauga’s climate demands siding experts who will give your home the utmost protection.
When you partner with Ideal Siding Mississauga, you can go to sleep at night knowing that we’re there for you if your siding needs repairs or replacement due to unsatisfactory workmanship. Because we are an established international company with multiple locations throughout Canada, you don’t have to worry about fly-by-night siding contractors, regardless of the scope of your project.
Siding Styles We Offer
There are as many styles of siding as there are types of homes. It is available in a wide array of materials, types, and colours. When you choose Ideal Siding, you can be assured that we will work with you to choose the one that works for your tastes, your home’s style, your budget, not to mention Mississauga’s humid continental climate.
Let’s start with a brief description of the siding material you can choose for your home:
- Vinyl siding. Vinyl siding is composed of synthetic material. It is low-cost, easy to maintain, and lightweight, yet strong and durable. Vinyl is available in a wide variety of colours that will not fade.
- Cedar siding. Prized for its durability and resistance to moisture, cedar siding has a rich and luxurious look. You can choose between a natural look with a clear-coat stain, as well as a wide range of colours. Cedar is one of the most eco-friendly side materials, it is easy to customize and replace or repair
- Aluminum siding. Available in large, flat panels and vertical or horizontal planks, aluminum siding is both durable and attractive. Its texture is either solid or mimics natural wood. A great choice for contemporary homes, it is lightweight and resistant to moisture, mould, and damage from pests.
- James Hardie (fiber-cement) siding. James Hardie siding is a composite material with cellulose fibers and cement as its main ingredients. Resistant to fire, moisture and harsh weather, it has a polished look and comes in a variety of textures to mimic natural wood.
- Engineered wood siding. This siding is made from recycled wood content or leftover lumber materials, so it is considered eco-friendly. Consisting of wood fibers bound with resin and wax, it is stronger than natural wood, while being equally as beautiful. It can be pre-stained to any colour, is free of knots, and is easy to install and maintain.
Next, here are the styles of siding which are the most popular in Ontario:
Siding plank is the most popular type of siding in Canada, the choice of over 80% of homeowners in Greater Toronto alone, thanks to its low cost, ease of maintenance, and a virtually unlimited selection of colours. You can choose either horizontal or vertical strips, based on the look you want to achieve. It is available in vinyl, cedar, aluminum, fiber cement, and engineered wood.
Siding panels, like planks, can be installed horizontally or vertically based on your design plan. They are most commonly found in homes that have a contemporary, minimalist look. Available in a smooth, stucco or cedar mill texture, the panels are cut on-site to ensure they match the design of your home.
Shingles and Shakes
Siding shingles are the siding of choice for homeowners looking for a natural, rustic look. Because they create distinctive shadow lines, they add contrast and depth to a home’s exterior, creating a sense of coziness and warmth.
While siding shingles were traditionally made from cedar, today other wood types are available. Advances in technology have resulted in fiber cement shingles that mimic wood, but are less expensive and require less maintenance. Other options also include different types of vinyl shingles.
How Much Does the Siding Cost in Mississauga, ON?
The cost of new siding on your home is based on several factors, such as the current condition of your house and whether the job includes demolishing old material and construction waste removal, and other items, such as whether trim boards, soffits, and fascia boards will be installed. The final cost is also determined by which material you use as well as its design.
Here are some pricing examples:
- Vinyl siding. Easy to install, vinyl siding costs approximately $11 per sq. ft. Installing vinyl siding on a 1500 sq. ft. house, which is the average home size in Ontario, will cost between $16,500.
- James Hardie siding. Fiber cement siding, made from cement, sand, cellulose fibers, and water, is a bit more expensive, approximately $14 – $16 per sq. ft., resulting in a cost of $21,000 – 24,000 for a 1500 sq. ft. house.
- Cedar siding. Natural wood is on the more expensive side, with a price tag of $20 per sq. ft., bringing the cost of using it on a 1500 sq. ft. house to approximately $30,000. Painting and staining costs are additional.
Here are some more siding options for you to choose from and their costs:
|Material||Price per sq ft*|
|Vinyl Siding||Starts at $10.75|
|James Hardie (Fiber Cement)||Starts at $14.00|
|Maibec||Starts at $18.00|
|Fraser||Starts at $18.00|
|Cedar Siding||Starts at $19.50|
|Cape Cod (Finished Wood)||Starts at $21.50|
|Stucco||Starts at $22.75|
|Longboard||Starts at $53.00|
|AL-13||Starts at $50.00|
|Cultured Stone||Starts at $48.25|
Our square foot price also includes the cost of installation. Because we conduct a thorough inspection of your house before work begins, we give you a final price beforehand to help you make an informed choice.
Our Work Process
When you choose Ideal Siding company, you will receive all the benefits of working with a team of experienced and talented professionals. We start by making sure you know what to expect once the project begins.
Once you approve the design mock-up, and the materials have been ordered and delivered to your address, our installation contractors begin working on your siding project. The project usually begins a few days after the contract has been signed, although there might be additional time required for the custom orders and out-of-stock materials.
Starting with preparing your house for the installation, we progress through installation and touch-up, and then clean-up and waste removal.
Here’s what to expect during your siding project:
Our contractor team is always prompt, efficient and attentive to the details, ensuring that you are getting the best value out of working with us.
Why Work With Ideal Siding®?
We’ve seen it all when it comes to siding installation. For us as specialists, it is very clear that every project is unique, and we are striving to find the best solution for your needs and make the process as seamless as possible.
Here is what we offer to you:
- Price Match Guarantee. We are so confident of our ability to offer the best quality siding, unparalleled workmanship, and competitive pricing that we offer our customers a price match guarantee. All you need to do is tell us about your project and show us the samples you’ve selected. We will match the price that any other siding company has offered you. If you haven’t already received a quote from another siding company, you can be assured that the price we quote you for your siding job is all-inclusive. All the services we offer are included, from the inception of your project to the final clean-up.
- 25-year Workmanship Warranty. When you work with Ideal Siding, you get the benefit of our unique 25-year workmanship guarantee. Given the toll that Mississauga’s variable climate can take on local homes, it feels good to know that we stand behind our product and our services. You don’t have to think about repairs, maintenance, stripping or painting for a quarter of a century, a period that may be longer than the amount of time you will own your house. How do we do this? Not only do we use the best siding materials on the market, but also each and every crew member has a minimum of 7 years of siding experience, and our home team audits every single job.
- Complimentary Design. There are many choices to be made when you decide which type of siding is best for you and your home. When you work with an Ideal Siding specialist to choose the siding that’s right for your project, you’re taking a leap of faith that the final product will be what you’ve been dreaming of. It is difficult to imagine how things will turn out, and you can lose sleep worrying if you have made a costly mistake. That’s where our complimentary siding design mockup comes in. It shows you siding options, colour combinations, and design possibilities that turn guesswork into reality.
We want you to be happy with what you’re buying, that’s why we can make adjustments in materials, colours, and design until you are 100% satisfied.
Have questions? Need an estimate? Call us today to speak with a specialist or get a free quote on the siding that works best for you. We look forward to transforming your house into the home of your dreams!
Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, and Orangeville areas.