We Find an Ideal Solution for You
At Ideal Siding® company, we ensure that homeowners in Seattle have all the knowledge and expertise they need to make an informed decision about the exterior and repair of their homes. The climate in Seattle consists of cool, wet winters and dry, mild summers. There is a considerable change in precipitation and temperature.
The siding of your home needs to be able to withstand these changes. As time passes and climates change, so do the siding needs of homeowners. We’ve done the research to ensure that we provide the best materials and workmanship available in the continually changing market.
As siding contractors, our company will guide you throughout the entire process and will answer any questions, relying on our vast experience in the industry and over 500 meetings held with clients each year.
Nothing beats working with experienced and caring contractors, and our experts have seen it all! We can help you to have the siding you always wanted. Whether that is helping you with repairs, choosing the best siding materials for your home, or replacing it on the entire house for your dream makeover.
Siding Types We Offer
There are lots of options these days to help you create the perfect facade and you want to choose carefully. While aesthetics are always important, you also want to consider the material’s durability, ability to resist water, ease of installation and versatility.
There are the 5 most popular siding options in Seattle today (click on the picture to learn more):
There are many other styles and types of siding and exterior materials we can offer you, please call us for any specific requests.
How Much Does the Siding Cost?
The cost of siding renovation depends on several different factors, such as the size and accessibility of the home, the material and profile you choose from, as well as the life span of the current siding.
If the life span of the siding is over and left untended, it can cause damage to the materials underneath and, in some cases, the house’s integrity. If that occurs, the cost of the siding project will be higher to account for repairs needed to be done.
We make sure we give homeowners everything they need to make an informed decision based on their budget. No matter what, you can be confident that you are getting the best price and workmanship available on the market for the scope of work that is going to be done.
- Vinyl Siding is one of the most affordable options due to its low material cost and easy installation. It is durable and requires little to no maintenance. It is usually between $7.5-8.5 per sq ft. For an average home, you’ll need about 2,000 sq ft of siding material, which brings the total to approximately $15,000 – $17,000.
- Fiber Cement (James Hardie®) has grown considerably in popularity. It is very durable and resistant to rot, termites, and fire. It can be challenging to install, so finding professional siding installers is key. The cost increases to $10-12 per sq ft, bringing the total amount for the same house to around $20,000 – $24,000.
- Cedar Siding is hard to match in terms of look and curb appeal. It is pretty easy to work with but requires a lot more maintenance than the other options. This is more of a premium option starting at $13-14 per sq ft. That brings the total for the same house to $26,000 – $28,000 without additional costs for painting or other decorative elements.
Here’s a quick table of some siding materials and their cost per sq. ft.
|Price per sq ft*
|James Hardie® (Fiber Cement)
|Starts at $10.50
|LP® Smartside® (Engineered Wood)
|Starts at $11.00
|Starts at $7.50
|Premium Vinyl Siding
|Starts at $8.50
|Starts at $13.00
|Starts at $11.00
|Longboard® (Premium Aluminum)
|Starts at $46.50
|AL-13® Aluminum Cladding
|Starts at $44.50
|LUX Steel Cladding
|Starts at $30.00
|Starts at $23.50
Popular Siding Styles
There are many different kinds of materials and siding styles to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options so you can start planning which is best for you. Selecting the right style of siding affects its performance in different climates and the appearance, character, and value of your home.
Siding planks (also known as lap siding) are one of the most popular options among homeowners. We renovated on average 80% of houses last year with the plank style. The installation can be done both vertically and horizontally, giving you more control over the finished look.
This style of siding is excellent for creating a classic, cozy, inviting look. The most common materials are Cedar, Vinyl, and Fiber Cement (James Hardie®). They are available in a wide range of colors, so you can pick the shade that you like the best.
Siding Panels are a little different, offering an alternative contemporary look for more modern, minimalist, sleek-looking homes. Panels can be smooth, or they can mimic the look and texture of natural wood. They can help capture the clean lines of your home and draw attention to the architectural elements around them.
Like siding planks, panels can be installed horizontally or vertically and are often cut on-site to create customized profiles and designs. Board and Batten, Easy Trim Reveal, and Open Join Cladding are all popular panel types. Panels are also available in a wide range of colors, making them easily customizable.
Shakes and Shingles
Siding Shingles are another desirable siding option and can have a wide range of appearances depending on what materials are used. They are an effective way to highlight specific parts of the architecture, providing quality and contrast. Adding warmth to your home’s overall design, they look quaint and refined and will make your home look outstanding.
They are often made from Cedar, Fiber Cement, and Vinyl. Cedar shingles can be left with their original appearance or painted, while most other materials come in various painted options for more versatility.
Siding Installation: What To Expect
Right after you decide on the color and design of your siding, we can start working on your project of a new siding installation. As a contractor, we work with all major suppliers of siding materials on the market. You will want to know exactly what to expect and how the process will happen step by step.
Our Project Managers are there to help guide you through the whole process. They will communicate clearly with you and gladly answer any questions that you might have. When you decide to work with us, we want to make sure you’re confident in your decision every step of the way.
Here’s a quick summary of what installation looks like at Ideal Siding® company, including how long each phase of your installation should take.
Reasons To Work With Us
We understand that you are putting a significant investment into your house when you decide to replace or repair your siding. You deserve only the best quality materials and workmanship. That’s why we have the top crews in the industry and work with the most reputable suppliers and contractors in Seattle.
As specialists, it’s clear that each project is unique, and we strive to find the ideal solution for your needs to make the process as seamless as possible. We understand that you need a company that cares and someone that you can trust. The benefits we provide can transform the homeowners’ experience when purchasing new siding in Seattle.
Here’s why you can confidently choose us:
- Price Match Guarantee. With Ideal Siding® company, you don’t have to worry about making any compromises, we offer high-quality service and a price match guarantee on all projects for the exact scope of work. Just bring in an itemized competing quote, and we’ll match it.
- 25-Year Workmanship Warranty. Quality workmanship speaks for itself. Choosing the right contractor to take care of your home is a big decision, so we back ourselves with a 25-year workmanship warranty. Excellent quality is always reliable and durable, which is why we’re confident in offering this warranty. You can rest easy knowing your siding is in good hands, and if it fails in any way, we’ll make it right, whether that means coming back for a minor repair or covering a complete replacement.
- Complimentary Design Mockup. Choosing from an entire range of siding colors, materials, and styles can be difficult. That’s why we offer a complimentary mockup of your home and selected siding. You’ll know exactly how your home will look and can make adjustments as needed.
Our Project Manager will meet with you to go over the details of your mockup so you can be 100% confident that you’re getting the siding makeover that you will truly love, and you will know what to expect every step of the way.
We are happy to answer any questions you have, whether you’re looking for more information about repairs or replacing your existing siding. Please get in touch with us to get your complimentary estimate on a siding replacement today!
Arlington, Auburn, Bainbridge Island, Bellevue, Bothell, Bremerton, Burien, Coupeville, Edmonds, Enumclaw, Everett, Freedland, Gig Harbor, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Lake Forest Park, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Maple Valley, Marysville, Mercer Island, Monroe, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo, Newcastle, Normandy Park, Port Orchard, Puyallup, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish, Seattle, SeaTac, Shoreline, Snohomish, Tacoma, Tukwila, University Place, Woodinville.