We Find an Ideal Solution for You
As a homeowner in Ontario, you probably want your house to have a fabulous curb appeal while holding up to the elements, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This is especially true in Waterloo, whose humid continental climate results in vast differences between the seasons.
That’s why you should consider Ideal Siding® for your next siding project. As the authorized dealer of the best siding brands in Canada, we offer a complete range of siding products to fit your personal style, individual needs and specific budget.
You can be assured that you will be in good hands with Ideal Siding® in Waterloo, from initial concept to final installation. After all, we’re the largest siding company in North America, known for our high standards and our commitment to our thousands of customers.
Whether you plan to replace the siding on your entire house or just need repairs, choosing the best siding materials is of utmost importance. We can help you select the type, style and colour of siding for your project. Our experienced team will help make the job as simple and easy as possible, putting as much care into your home as you do.
Siding Types and Styles We Offer
It can be hard to know where to begin when you start on your home siding project in Waterloo. That’s because there are so many choices of design, style, material, and colour. We’ll show and explain to you all the possibilities for your siding installation and help you choose the right one.
These are the 6 most popular types of siding in Waterloo, along with a brief description of each to give you a basic understanding of the differences among them:
- James Hardie® siding. This type of siding, known as fiber cement, is made from cement, sand and cellulose fibers. We carry James Hardie siding, one of the best brands of fiber cement siding you can buy.
- Vinyl siding. Introduced in the 1950s as a less expensive alternative to aluminum siding, this highly popular and very practical type of siding is made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin, combined with ingredients to give it color, opacity, gloss, impact resistance, flexibility, and durability.
- Everlast® composite siding. An alternative to real wood siding, this brand of composite wood siding is made from thin strips of leftover wood that have been pressed and bonded together with a resin. Strong and durable, it’s almost impossible to tell the difference between composite and natural wood siding, but it’s less expensive that real wood siding.
- LP® Smartside® siding. Another brand of composite wood siding, this one uses wood strand technology that offers superior protection against all weather conditions, as well as decay and insects. It has durability, versatility and long-last curb appeal.
- Cedar wood siding. Cedar siding is made from red or white cedar, trees that are native to North America. It is popular because it is among the most durable of natural woods and is known for its authentic, rustic look.
- Aluminum siding. Aluminum siding is made from aluminum coil stock that is first chemically coated to protect the metal and then painted for additional protection. It’s durable and versatile.
These are only some of the hundreds of styles and types of siding and exterior materials we can offer you, so please give us a call to learn more.
Now it’s time to choose the right style of siding for your home in Waterloo, Ontario. Ideal Siding® carries virtually every type of siding there is: planks, panels, board and batten, and shingles. Each one is available in at least one and as many as all of the materials described above. We’ll help you pick one that’s right for your home’s style as well as your personal preference and budget.
Lap siding is one of the most popular options. Last year alone, 80% of the houses we renovated last year were done with lap siding. There are several different types of lap siding, including cottage, or Dutch lap, and nickel, or ship lap. This type of siding is as excellent for creating a classic, cozy, inviting look.
Siding panels can be installed horizontally or vertically. They are typically used for contemporary homes. Available in a smooth or cedarmill texture, the panels are cut on-site to ensure they match the design of your home.
Shingles and Shakes
Shingles are ideal for a rustic look, adding warmth to your home’s overall design. Its distinctive shadow lines add contrast and depth to your home’s exterior, creating an inviting sense of coziness. Shingles and shakes are available in several shapes and sizes.
Board & Batten
Board and batten siding allow you to create a personalized aesthetic for either a modern or more traditional vibe. This type of siding has a clean and multi-dimensional look that is popular in older Midwestern-style architecture as well as in the current farmhouse style. It is often used on high walls or gable walls because of its elongating effect.
How Much Does the Siding Cost?
One factor in determining how much your siding project will cost depends on the size of your house and the material selected. In Ontario, the average size of a single detached house is 1500 sq. ft. Using that size as an example, here is the approximate cost of siding your home in Waterloo based on the most commonly used types of siding:
- Vinyl siding is one of the most affordable options due to its low material cost and ease of installation. It is durable and requires little to no maintenance. It usually costs between $10 – $12 per sq. ft. For a 1500 sq. ft., your approximate total would come to $17,000.
- James Hardie siding is known for its durability and resistance to rot, termites, and fire. Its price is between $14 – $16 per sq. ft., bringing the total amount for the same-sized house to around $23,000.
- Cedar siding is exceptional for its rustic, authentic look, but it’s almost always the most expensive type of siding. It also requires more maintenance than other types of siding. The cost of siding a 1500 sq. ft. house in cedar siding will run you about $20 per sq. ft., or $30,000.
|Material||Price per sq ft*|
|Vinyl Siding||Starts at $10.75|
|James Hardie (Fiber Cement)||Starts at $14.00|
|Maibec||Starts at $18.00|
|Fraser||Starts at $18.00|
|Cedar Siding||Starts at $19.50|
|Cape Cod (Finished Wood)||Starts at $21.50|
|Stucco||Starts at $22.75|
|Longboard||Starts at $53.00|
|AL-13||Starts at $50.00|
|Cultured Stone||Starts at $48.25|
At Ideal Siding®, we strive to be as accurate as possible with our estimates so there are no surprises. Additional factors that might have an effect on the total cost of your siding project are your home’s design, its size and the number of stories. Other considerations include the cost of removing existing siding, local labour rates and the terrain that your house is built on.
Our Work Process
When you choose Ideal Siding®, you will be working with a team of knowledgeable professionals, each with a minimum of seven years of experience in the siding industry. They are there by your side during every phase of your project, from the prep work to the final walk-through.
After you have reviewed and approved our complimentary design mock-up, we order the materials and have them delivered to your home. Keep in mind that additional time might be required for the custom orders or if any of the materials are out of stock.
Then we go to work!
You can be assured that our team is prompt, efficient and attentive to all details, ensuring that you will be satisfied with the end result.
As one of the largest siding companies in Canada, we can start your project as soon as you decide on the siding you would like to have installed on your house. It can be as early as a couple of days after signing the contract, given the availability of the chosen siding materials.
Reasons to Work With Us
Ideal Siding® stands out from all the other siding companies you can choose in Waterloo, Canada. In addition to our reputation for quality, reliability and affordability, our siding products are the best you can buy, manufactured by the most trusted companies in North America. We enjoy a long-standing relationship with the top crews in the industry and work with the most reputable suppliers and contractors.
Here are three more reasons why you should use Ideal Siding® as your siding contractor:
- Price-match guarantee. We will help you to find the best siding solutions to satisfy your budget and needs. Regardless of what type of siding you choose, you will find our prices affordable, competitive and transparent. Ideal Siding® offers high-quality service along with a price match guarantee on all projects for the same scope of work. Simply show us a competitor’s itemized quote, and we’ll match it, no questions asked.
- Complimentary visuals for your house. Your siding is as unique as your home itself. That’s why we offer a complimentary design mockup that shows you how the siding you selected will look on your house. You can actually see the end result and make any necessary adjustments even before your project begins.
- 25-year workmanship warranty. We work with the best crews and the most reputable siding suppliers in the industry, using only the highest-quality siding materials. That’s why we gladly protect your investment with a lengthy workmanship warranty.
We understand that adding new siding to your home is an investment of time and money. You want to make sure that after the work is complete, you don’t have to worry about repairs and replacement.
Have questions? Need an estimate? Call us today to speak with a specialist or get a free quote on the siding that works best for you. We look forward to transforming your house into the home of your dreams!
Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Woolwich, Wellesley, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.